Using Paper Napkins to Make Decorative Tile Coasters
With the help of some 4″ square ceramic tiles, turning decorative paper napkins into a set of very polished-looking coasters is easy.
To make a set of 4 coasters, you’ll need:
- 4-4″ square ceramic tiles (you can find these at your big box store for about 15 cents a piece)
- Mod Podge (I used the Matte-Mat)
- small paint brush
- polyurethane (I used Aqua-Zar in satin, but glossy would look great too)
- decorative paper napkins
- Squares of thin cork or felt, both available at your local craft store
- Water-proof glue, like E-6000
- A foam or stiff bristle brush to apply the water-proof glue
Check out the video below to see how they’re made or follow this jump to read the how-to.